Re: [LUG] Mounting Partitions

Rob Beard wrote:

> I wonder how long it'll be before we start to see desktop boards that
> support that much.  By my calculations my latest motherboards can
> support about 16GB assuming I stick in 4GB dimms, can't think what I'd
> need that much memory for though.

GNOME 3 ? Windows 8?

As Gordon says people do that sized stuff. I know a bank that did it a
long time ago to have an entire database in RAM for performance reasons.
I'm guessing it needs to be making a lot of cash per decision to justify
that kind of hardware then.

If the desktop stays in fashion that long, you'll need somewhere to
backup your brain before each Google implant upgrades, but no doubt some
people will skip the back-up step.