jon.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> jon.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>> Jennifer Ockwell writes:
>>
>>> http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors#alternate
>>>
>> ...thanks, I'll check that out.
>> JOn.

> ....so if I connect to the internet using the 'live CD' can I access and
> save the download to the harddrive. I don't seem to be able to do this with
> the live cd so far...
> JOn.

Yes, the problem is getting it onto CD.  You'd also have to have enough
memory, so basically enough memory to run Ubuntu and enough extra to
save the ISO image so you're probably looking at around 2GB memory at
least.  You may find that might be easier to pop over and see Kevin as
he seems local to you.

Ta,

Rob