Re: [LUG] ID this removable hard drive...

Rob Beard wrote:

> Funnily enough too, I was swapping my dad's old Duron 750 into a brand
> new case today and showed my other half the hard drive.  A Seagate 3.2GB
> drive, cost me about £120 when I bought it I think.  I explained that it
> was a smaller capacity than the 4GB MicroSD card I have kicking around.
> Just think in another 10 years we'll probably look at old ancient 1TB
> hard drives and compare them to 4TB flash storage :-)

In the early 90s my boss and I bought some additional drives for our
departmental multi-processor 386 box.  I remember we thought they were
cheap because they worked out at no more than £1 per megabyte.  They
were huge, too -- about as big as six or seven modern 3.5" hard drives
put together.  And now you can get a 2TB drive for less than £200...

Of course back then there was the advantage that backup media capacity
way exceeded the capacity of the average hard disk :)

James