[LUG] Proxy Problems

Why would queries in a search engine slow down considerably when done through squid? I now have squid and dansguardian up and running fine. Traffic goes through both with no visible problems. Putting an address in the address bar loads up the website quickly but searching on any search engine is very slow. The search results often never appear. I have similar problems with clicking links.

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.