Re: [LUG] ID this removable hard drive...

Dave Foxcroft wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> Gordon Henderson wrote:
>>

>>> It's about 5 inches square:
>>>
>>> http://unicorn.drogon.net/t1.jpg
>>> http://unicorn.drogon.net/t2.jpg
>>>
>>> Inside is a single platter...
>>>
>>> Any clues?
>>>
>>> Gordon
>>>

>> First thought was maybe it's some sort of MO disk but it doesn't look
>> dark enough.  I had a hunch it is a SyQuest disk, and checking on
>> Wikipedia it looks like it might be...
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EZ_135_Drive
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EZ135_Cart.jpg
>>
>> Rob
>>

> I thought it was some sort of MO drive - it isnt an EZ135 but a SyQuest
> 88!  - 88MB jobbie
>
> Dave

Ahh those were the days, 88 Meg storage.  I still have an LS120 drive in
the loft somewhere.  Takes me back a bit.  A place I used to work at had
a mixture of ZIP, Jaz, MO (230 & 640MB), CDRW and eventually just before
I left DVD-R.  I remember getting all excited when I installed their
first 2.6GB DVD-RAM drive.

Funnily enough too, I was swapping my dad's old Duron 750 into a brand
new case today and showed my other half the hard drive.  A Seagate 3.2GB
drive, cost me about £120 when I bought it I think.  I explained that it
was a smaller capacity than the 4GB MicroSD card I have kicking around.
Just think in another 10 years we'll probably look at old ancient 1TB
hard drives and compare them to 4TB flash storage :-)

Rob