Re: [LUG] OHP required for water cooled DIY projector project

the LCD wont be projecting on it's own, it'll have that 275W lamp over there to help it along, should manage

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Max Siegieda wrote:

> not a stripped down laptop screen unfortunately, as that would require a
> controller card of some form which I cannot get. Instead i'm now trying to
> get a 13-15" monitor with a decent resolution on ebay, however if anyone in
> the local area has a 13"-ish monitor that will display 1024x768, or a 15"
> monitor that will display 1280x1024 then I would happily purchase it.
> Reasoning behind it is the projection area on this OHP is 10.5"x10.5",
> meaning a 13" monitor fits with 0.1" to spare, and a 15" could be used if
> programs are set to run in a window at 1024x768.

A valliant effort, I guess... But I doubt an LCD (or even a tube) screen
will be bright enough to project on it's own...

The old ones project through a fresnel lens via a transparency to the
prism and focusing lens - the newer ones have the bulb up top and project
down to the fresnel lens which in on-top of a mirror... Still needs a
transparency though.

Not sure how you're going to interface an LCD panel unless you take the
back and associated backlight stuff off...

However, not cheap, but

  http://linitx.com/viewcategory.php?catid=185&pp=115,185

however you can get "real" LCD projectors for those prices...

Gordon