Re: [LUG] OHP required for water cooled DIY projector project

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Max Siegieda wrote:

> not a stripped down laptop screen unfortunately, as that would require a
> controller card of some form which I cannot get. Instead i'm now trying to
> get a 13-15" monitor with a decent resolution on ebay, however if anyone in
> the local area has a 13"-ish monitor that will display 1024x768, or a 15"
> monitor that will display 1280x1024 then I would happily purchase it.
> Reasoning behind it is the projection area on this OHP is 10.5"x10.5",
> meaning a 13" monitor fits with 0.1" to spare, and a 15" could be used if
> programs are set to run in a window at 1024x768.

A valliant effort, I guess... But I doubt an LCD (or even a tube) screen
will be bright enough to project on it's own...

The old ones project through a fresnel lens via a transparency to the
prism and focusing lens - the newer ones have the bulb up top and project
down to the fresnel lens which in on-top of a mirror... Still needs a
transparency though.

Not sure how you're going to interface an LCD panel unless you take the
back and associated backlight stuff off...

However, not cheap, but

   http://linitx.com/viewcategory.php?catid=185&pp=115,185

however you can get "real" LCD projectors for those prices...

Gordon