Re: [LUG] OHP required for water cooled DIY projector project

so you know, the voltages involved are relatively safe (it's the currents that'll kill ya! kidding), 24v for the lamp itself, monitor can't be much since it's the backlight that takes all the power.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Max Siegieda wrote:
>
>> please remember that i have space, and i'm the nutcase who dunked his
>> machine in mineral oil, then attached it to an air conditioning unit, i'm a
>> highly qualified nutcase
>
> Keep taking the tablets...
>
> Gordon

Either that or we could see this as true old style hardware hacking,
sometimes it works, sometimes it fails,  the latter simply prompts us to
learn and develop our ideas,

the only concern i have here is for the voltages involved,  but I am
sure max is aware of that, and does not need the associated lecture.

however,  i advise

be cafeful
be methodical
keep notes / pictures of your work
above all else, have fun

Paul

>>> project

>>> Each to their own I guess.  I would have considered something like this
>>> about 10 years ago maybe (if the technology was cheap enough and freely
>>> available) but nowadays I just can't help but think that I don't have
>>> the time, room or the patience to do something like that.
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>

>>> --

Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net
Support Open and ISO standard file formats ISO 26300 odf
http://www.odfalliance.org
Next Linux User Group meet :Saturday ** July 4th ** : 3pm,  Shoreline
Cafe Paignton