Re: [LUG] Conditional HTTP redirects based on URL

<ed81b660bcda6783315e3c2995e82e76@localhost> <4A27DD67.4080407@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 15:42:47 +0100, James Fidell <james@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Grant wrote:
>
>> This does not seem to work though.  There's nothing about the Apache
> Proxy
>> in there (no <Proxy *> entries) yet as I haven't a clue (yet) how to get
>> them to work.
>
> It really is pretty trivial to get to work and there are examples in the
> Apache docs for the proxy directives.
>
>> Incidentally, would it matter that the SBS box would only see traffic
> from
>> the Apache box?  As far as I'm aware the SBS box doesn't really care
> where
>> the info comes from.
>
> Only if you care about tracking where the connections came from.
>
> James

Having a read through http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html
and the "guide" here (http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies), it
seems that these implementations are expecting this:

http://someserver.domain.tld/app1 -> server1's http
http://someserver.domain.tld/app2 -> another http server

I'm looking for a way to decide where the proxy forwards traffic based on
the someserver.domain.tld bit.

Am I reading the documentation wrong?

Cheers.
Grant. :)