Re: [LUG] Conditional HTTP redirects based on URL

Grant wrote:

> Having a read through http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html
> and the "guide" here (http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies), it
> seems that these implementations are expecting this:
>
> http://someserver.domain.tld/app1 -> server1's http
> http://someserver.domain.tld/app2 -> another http server
>
> I'm looking for a way to decide where the proxy forwards traffic based on
> the someserver.domain.tld bit.
>
> Am I reading the documentation wrong?

Proxy directive can go in server root, but don't you just want a virtual
host with the name of the IIS server with Apache proxying all requests
for that server?

The whole set-up sounds rather convoluted to me.

i.e.

virtualhost remote....
  do normal hosting stuff here

virtualhost demo....
  (reverse) proxy everything to IIS server