Re: [LUG] Im moving back to windows

Simon Waters wrote:
> Note when video driver installs go wrong on Windows, it typically
> doesn't bail you out to a command line just a mangled or blank video
> screen, you need to know techie stuff to back out to the default VGA
> driver.
Not always.. last time it happened to me Windows just refused to display
anything higher than standard VGA.. but at least it did have a display.
On that occasion the driver manufacturer had neglected to mention the
VITAL fact that the drier required Service Pack 2 and wouldn't work
without it.  That I found out myself the hard way.

Having said that on both occasions (Max and my case - Linux *and*
Windows) it was the video card vendor's fault not that of the OS.

Kind regards,

Julian