Subject: Elections- IT (Brem001/1)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:37:38 +0100
From: "Graham Watson MEP (Casework)"

Thank you for your email of 29 May on software.

The development of new software is very important, however it is critical that large
corporations like Microsoft do not abuse their current dominance in the market place
so as to push up prices. I am pleased that the European Commission flexed its
muscles last year and imposed a mighty fine of £680.9Million on Microsoft for its
anti competitive practices. No company is above the law, and the European Union is
able to work on behalf of consumers in instances such as this so as to send a clear
message to companies who wish to be in the market that they must play by the
market's rules.

Within my constituency office here in the UK three of the computers run Mircosoft XP
(Small Office) and one has Windows Vista installed. My computers were supplied and
installed by a small local independent computer retailer.

I hope this information is helpful.  To read more about our Liberal Democrat
candidates for the up coming election and to read our manifesto follow this link to
our campaign website <http://www.swlibdemteam4europe.org.uk/> .

In view of your interest in my views and work in the European Parliament, it occurs
to me that you might like to receive my weekly email newsletter. If so, please let
me know and I will add your email address to my distribution list.

Yours sincerely,

Graham Watson MEP
Member of the European Parliament for South West England and Gibraltar and
Leader of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe in the European
Parliament
----- End forwarded message -----

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.