Re: [LUG] irc

Gordon Henderson wrote:

> You probably mean me here :)
>
> I'm glad I have a choice because I have yet to find something I like that
> works for me - other than what I'm using now.

As you probably realise it is a choice I respect.

I cry inwardly every time I start an application that use to take 10
seconds to start on my old Unix workstation at the Met Office, and 15 to
20 years later it takes 20 seconds to start a similar application. Or
when Microsoft move an option because well it is a new release of the
OS, so clearly it has to move.

Just like those who use "mutt", couldn't be bothered to learn it myself,
but I bet they never have to wait for Kmail to use a single thread to
decrypt the email with GNUPG. And heck Kmail is probably the best email
client I've ever used in most other regards.

As I blogged, I like the speed improvements in firefox 3.5b4, finally
looks like a browser running on modern hardware. Although most of the
improvements I see are in Javascript performance.

> So call me a grumpy old man by all means, but it's the way I work and I'm
> happy...

My popular science psychology books tell me that grumpiness and
happiness are largely attributes of the person not the situation they
find themselves in. So I'd probably be just as grumpy using any other
window manager, except for brief periods when it does something stupid.