Re: [LUG] irc

On Thu, 28 May 2009, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Is anyone able to go on the irc channel please and help us out with some
> stuff,  not just me

Not used ITC for about 15 years... Hmm...

> The auto mount has broken AGAIN !!!  i plug in a flash drive,  it mounts
> but I can't write to it
>
> yes I have tried manually doing it,  fails
> yes I was root at the time or used sudo
>
> it fails
>
> please help

And people ask me why I don't use hotplug, udev, auto-mount and all that
fancy new fangled stuff ...

I don't know how to turn automount off on your chosen distribution, but if
it were me, I'd disable automount, hotplug, etc. and then try to manually
mount it. I suspect the automounter is getting in the way of your manual
mounting efforts.

What does the output of:

   mount

and

   df -h

give (30 seconds) after it's plugged in?

Gordon