Re: [LUG] ext4, anyone?

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 10:56 +0100, Tom Potts wrote:

> > That's about all I can offer for advice. Which I admit is next to
> > useless! I've actually just started using XFS on a few servers where
> > ext3 wasn't going to cut the mustard.
> And why would that be?
> Tom te tom te tom

Very large numbers of small files. On a 2.7Tb filesystem. Although only
a few thousand in each folder.

I figured I didn't want to decide how many inodes I wanted in advance.

However reading some of the other responses it sounds like I might have
made a bad decision. I got the impression from my research than XFS was
pretty rock solid, you seem to be saying the opposite. Erk.

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.