Re: [LUG] Music CD Database

Have you looked at Tellico http://periapsis.org/tellico/ ?

It is a database for managing collections of things, with various
default types (Books, Music, Wine, Stamps, Coins etc) built in. The
music template seems to be for non-classical (as it has a field for
Artist but not Composer), but there is an option to create custom
databases. I am guessing it is flat file (XML?) rather than relational
DB.

I've not used it myself. As a LaTeX user I prefer to use BibTeX / JabRef
for cataloguing books and scientific papers etc, but it look like it
might be the thing?

Tellico is currently at 1.3.5 for KDE3 (>= 3.3.1), and is GPL2. It is in
the repos for Ubuntu 9.04, and I assume other distros too although I
haven't investigated.

Phil Whateley