Re: [LUG] OT Digital TV

Dave wrote:

> Interesting James because if you live near Elworthy you only a couple of
> miles away from me (Brompton Ralph) - When we moved in here we had two
> aerials (only one now) one pointing at Stockland Hill (the one we have now)
> and the other I'm not sure which transmitter it was pointing at (certainly
> not Stockland Hill since it was looking in the other direction) but it
> worked equally well and picked up Wales and West; wonder whether that was
> the Mendip Transmitter?

Closer than you might think :)  I'm not even a couple of miles away, in
Pitsford Hill.  That does mean though that you have something of an
advantage over us in terms of elevation, and we also have the further
disadvantage (in terms of "seeing" Stockland Hill) that we're just below
the brow of a hill facing north-east.

The Stockland Hill transmitter is roughly SSE of here, whereas the
Mendip one is ENE, so if your aerials were pointing in pretty much
opposite directions as opposed to being at around 90 degrees to each
other I'd suspect that one of them was pointing at Wenvoe in South
Wales.  It wouldn't surprise me if you could get a moderately good
signal from there.

James