Re: [LUG] Giving away copies of Ubuntu & OpenDisc on Freecycle

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 11:47 +0100, tombrough@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I didn't get kicked off as such, but they where not happy with me
> "advertising" the Free Software Day last year. They felt that I wasn't
> giving anything away. I pointed out that we where giving services and free
> CD's, but the moderator was still not happy.
Interesting. I was able to advertise our 2 sessions in Penzance via the
Penzance Freecycle on the grounds that it was a way to hold on to
computers and reuse older ones - hence is well within the spirit of
Freecycle - we did offer to give away copies of the install discs and
even install for people bringing computers along.

Can you makew this case?

Good luck

James

--