Re: [LUG] Giving away copies of Ubuntu & OpenDisc on Freecycle

Rob Beard wrote:

> I thought it might be against the T&C's of Freecycle.
>
> I'm sure I heard a while back of something like this, someone got kicked
> off Freecycle for advertising Ubuntu or something like that.

But asking for/offering proprietary software is ok.

Especially considering that companies such as Microsoft have in the past
kicked up a stink about "reselling" their software. Even having sales of
HARDWARE pulled from Ebay if one of their "Certificates of Authenticity"
was visible in the photograph...