Re: [LUG] Oil Immersion Cooling (OIC)

Max Siegieda wrote:
> incidentally, this system would be almost silent, totally silent if
> the CD/DVD drive were not in use, and an SSD were used

What is the spec of the system and what sort of overclocks are you
expecting?

When I had my Phenom I went down the route of a massive Zalman cooler
although sods law it was one of the early Phenoms with the TLB bug and
it wouldn't overclock, it was however silent (or at least I couldn't
hear it).

Not sure why too, whenever I try and overclock a CPU and run Ubuntu on
it the CPU goes back to the default speed whereas on Windows it accepts
the overclock.  Not that it matters so much now as I'm running on a
notebook and I dare say overclocking it would cook the CPU.

Rob