[LUG] Oil Immersion Cooling (OIC)

Posted by "Max Siegieda" <maxsiegieda@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello again, while posting the email about the antec 1200 for sale I was reminded
that there is a conversation and a half available on this topic, so we might as well
enjoy it. The plan is to immerse the computer (well, minus disk drives) in mineral
oil, which is more commonly used as horse laxative, baby oil, and "personal
lubricant". Mineral oil has a very high heat capacity, doesn't absorb water, and is
non-conductive, more so than vegetable oil which requires the sealing of the CPU
pins to prevent short outs. The oil shall be stored in a fish tank, the oil will be
pumped using a pond pump, and the radiator will be a car radiator for their terrific
dissapation potential. Any questions? statements? general comments?
--

Generated by the contributors page
in the members area at D+C GLUG
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/list.php