Re: [LUG] School Server

On Wednesday 29 April 2009 08:59, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> 20C. Luxury. when I wur a lad in Scotland ...
>
> (And it's 17.1 in my office right now - you southern softies!!!)
>

> But seriously - set the AC to 22 or even 23 these days. The difference in
> electrickery consumption is huge between that and 20C and servers etc. are
> going to be just as happy
The kids of today! Fit human beings seem to start to malfunction at those
temperatures. I've found anything over 20c for passive work (sitting at a
desk) results in brain death. I cant work in a office with women as their
comfortable temperature results in sleep for me! I was normally safe in IT!
 There used to be a set of pictures of people in various stages of discomfort
at different temperatures. Disappeared after privatisations tho...
As for AC - it should be banned - Dallas Texas in summer is 15c warmer than
the desert surrounding it - mainly due to AC which at best can achieve 15c
cooling......
And when you come out of an AC office you have to acclimatise to the outside
environment anyway - or buy AC for your car and home. It like the heroin of
the power industry - try it once and you cant live without it.
Tom te tom te tom