Re: [LUG] OT: 50MBit Virgin Broadband

Steph Foster wrote:
> Yep , thats right, twas me
>
> and  Yes, the install fee for the 50 Mbits service is a little high, I'm
> still stinging
>
> but give them their due, Im getting exactly what it says on the tin !
>
> The speed is amazing but even so the 20 Mbits service was pretty good
>
> even during throttling I got more than I ever did with BT
>
> Steph

That sounds good.  I must admit I never really had any problems with
Telewest, I just couldn't warrant £35 a month for 2 Meg at the time.
IIRC it was about the time my other half's AOL connection was upgraded
to 1 Meg for free so we went over to that to save money (although having
2 connections was great at the time).

I guess part of the installation fee covers the fact that they are
supplying new modems and Wireless N routers.  I presume it has to be
engineer installed for now since it's a new product.

Now I've got the exciting task of finding out if BT have tied us into a
12 month contract for the phone line (luckily at least with Enta that
part is on a 30 day contract).

Rob