Re: [LUG] OT: 50MBit Virgin Broadband

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Rob Beard wrote:

Hi folks,

I was just checking Virgin's web site today for details on their
broadband to see how it compares price wise to Enta (which I'm paying
£30 a month for at the moment).  I see they now do 50MBit broadband (at
least they say they do in my area on the web site!).

I just wondered if anyone else (maybe in Torbay) had it and if they
could comment on how well it works? (A friend of mine in Preston has 20
Meg and it seems pretty good, I'm just mulling over making the switch).

Check their STM - Subscriber Traffic Management T&C's first to make sure it would work with your usage patterns...

I managed to max-out a clients recently with a single 50MB download... (Although I suspect they were near the limit anyway)

Looks like ther's mention of it in the think broadband site stoo:

  http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/virgin_cable.html

Gordon