Re: [LUG] OT: 50MBit Virgin Broadband

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rob Beard
By the looks of things at the moment they don't have any traffic
monitoring on the 50MBit connection although I gather from what I have
read that it will come in sooner or later.

I have a couple of friends in the Plymouth area and just outside on virgin.

They are quite aggressive in their throttling techniques. Even if you don't
go over the limit per month, after you download a certain amount, in the
region of 200 mb they will throttle your connection for up to 3
daysdepending on the amount downloaded.

It's supposed to be unlimited,but as usual fair usage applies.

They most certainly do monitor traffic. It's buried quite deeply in the
small print and even tech support had to guide my friend through several
pages online before they both found it after he complained his speed was low
after downloading a fedora iso !

Ray