Re: [LUG] Billing/Invoice formats

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 13:17:38 +0100
Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > - System
> >     - Produces pretty pages and creates pdf for emailing

> Thats what I want to avoid - with proper data interchange these should be
> pointless. No more 'here have a pretty document to print out so someone can
> type it into our system. I used to parse text documents into an ERP system
> and then some fwit decided DOCs and then PDF would be more fun.

I've looked for various means of doing this many times before - no
standard exists and the range of values that might need to be supported
is too long to make a sensible standard - it would need to be a
multi-layer standard. Even just a split between a wholesale invoice
and a service invoice would be a start.

> But there are no XBRL codes for invoices etc - this seems to be at too micro a
> level  for XBRL which surprises me with this anal government of ours! They
> dont want to know you've bought 67,000 widgets just how much they get to tax
> you on it. Theres a whole space to be filled here - and if we can do it Open
> then thats good for FLOSS in general.
> I think you defined half of whats needed above!

It's the other half that is the problem.
:-)

--

Neil Williams