[LUG] Billing/Invoice formats

I'm probably repeating myself here but...
Does anyone know of OPEN xml standards for billing/invoicing/financial stuff
so I can try and persuade people that I do transactions with to send/recieve
this stuff and push/pull it stright from my various packages and and not have
to go through billions of receipts - or worse print out Pointless Document
Format invoices and then type them in again!
Or failing that anyone want to help define some simple formats we can all use?
Tom te tom te tom