Re: [LUG] How many do you understand?

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Tom Potts wrote:

On Monday 09 March 2009 11:39, Gordon Henderson wrote:
  * Two kittens are on a roof but both of the are
  sliding down. which one falls off first? The
  one with the greatest mew.

Nope!

Coefficient of static friction is mu(s), so maybe it ought to be mews.
(I done engineering sciece me. aka applied mechanics)
so the one with the least should fall of first!!
Glad you didnt do nuclear eng!

Ah, it's mu(f) the coefficient of sliding friction...

(next time I'll read it properly ;-)

Two mews, different results!

Not sure about xmas/halloween - assignment error?

31 in base 8 (OCTal) is 3 * 8 + 1 -> 25 in base 10 (DECimal)

Gordon