Re: [LUG] I feel like Pipex are trying to con me...

Ray Smith writes:
> [...]

I can't recall exactly how it went. IIRC someone from Pipex told me that BT
had told them that there was a fault and that an enginear had to be called
out and it would cost me £80.00

> BT only make a charge if there is a fault that is caused by a customers equipment
> and the customer insists on a callout.
> As pipex asked BT to provide the engineer visit and no fault was found in any case
> there is no reason to charge the customer, i.e. you.
>
> I would speak to BT as they are responsible for the line. Ask for the time & date
> reported on the engineers notes and if necessary any information they can give you
> on the fault details, who requested a site visit and charge made/why a charge was
> made.
> Then you can forward this on to pipex. Don't pay. They don't have a leg to stand
> on.
> Ray (formerly BT faults department)

Thanks Ray, I'm not going to pay. I think they know that they havn't a leg
to stand on which is why they were trying to keep me on their 'customer
support' line for so long trying so salvedge something from the whole
epesode. This actually was just as annoying as the origional...annoyance.
Cheers, Jon