Re: [LUG] UKFSN problems

2009/2/11 Dave Berkeley <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Can anyone recommend a better provider? Virgin Media say they can provide me
> with a fibre connection. Has anyone any experience of this? I would really like
> to ditch those incompetent wasters at BT.

I have 20Mb Virgin Cable and have had very few issues with it. It's
gone down once or twice here and there but not for any extended period
of time. My DSL connection (also with UKFSN/Enta) prior to going to
Virgin was appalling. I'd frequently get less than 1Mb/s downstream. A
lot of times it was synchronous 800K each way!

Cheers,
Al.