[LUG] Infopoint (computer fair related)

Hi folks,

One of the guys on the Ubuntu-UK mailing list e-mailed about something
he is involved with at his local computer fair (in Bracknell).  It's
basically a table called an Infopoint.

What he does is hires a table at a low cost from the computer fair
organisers and has flyers and CDs of FLOSS software.  He provides CDs of
FLOSS software for a suggested donation of £1 to cover his costs
(presumably media, duplication and packaging) which seems fair.  He said
that if someone asks he will give them a CD for free.

There's more on the Infopoint web site at http://infopointproject.org

I couldn't find any pictures of the Infopoint in Bracknell but I did
find some from the Hants LUG here which gives a better idea of what they
do:  http://hants.lug.org.uk/gallery/InfoPoint_11_2005

Now I think something like this would be a great idea no matter if we
end up holding our own computer fair or find another computer or amateur
radio event to get a table at.

Rob