Re: [LUG] Has anyone setup a user jail?

Sam Grabham wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a client that wishes to use sftp over a trusted key ssh connection.
>
> The problem is that if they use something like winscp, they can browse
> around the file structure and view file content.

There is a sshd patch around (may be its included now with sshd) that
allows exactly this, it logs the user into a chroot after the sshd
authentication, this sounds along the right lines :-

I think the biggest drawback with this is that its not necessary that
hard to break out of a jail if you have shell access from ssh and that
should then be considered the weakest link.

Robin