[LUG] Has anyone setup a user jail?

Hi

I have a client that wishes to use sftp over a trusted key ssh connection.

The problem is that if they use something like winscp, they can browse around the file structure and view file content.

I have tried changing the console that they get when they shell to the server to switch straight to sftp, which worked fine under putty or another ssh session.

I looked into other options called user jail, but hasn't worked for me sofar.

I thought there would ba a ISP style script that forced users to there own space, but haven't found one to do this yet.

The ssh problem i had the other day that removed the default gateway was due to a one line command that i found in the /etc/profile , should have spotted it sooner, but it wsa hidden deep in a nested script.

Thanks again for all the helpfull pointers in tring to locate the cause.

Regards

Sam