Re: [LUG] Microsoft announce 6 versions of Windows 7

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 11:48:39AM +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
> > for example File system encryption comes with pretty much every version,
> >   so even home users can have a decent level of encryption.
> >

> Does it?  As far as I was aware as least as far as Ubuntu is concerned,
> only 8.10 has support for an encrypted Private directory by default.
> Sure it's possible to add Truecrypt but I wouldn't go as far as saying
> it's easy enough for anyone to do with a couple of clicks.  Truecrypt on
> Windows looks to be dead easy to use though.

Debian has had this functionality in the default installer for years,
and I doubt it's the only distro that does it. Is it really only the
most recent version of Ubuntu that supports it?

--
Benjamin M. A'Lee || mail: bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/ || gpg: 0xBB6D2FA0