[LUG] Microsoft announce 6 versions of Windows 7

Hi folks,

Looks like Microsoft have announced 6 versions of Windows 7...
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/04/windows_7_skus/

I was surprised (well not that much really) to find that Windows 7 Home
Basic is limited to running THREE applications at once!

It sounds like that limitation is in Windows Vista Home Basic too.  I
don't know what Microsoft are thinking, I mean they release a complete
pile of steaming bloatware and limit it to 3 applications?

I'm going to do some digging but if this is true then it's more
ammunition against the Beast of Redmond.

Rob