Re: [LUG] Microsoft announce 6 versions of Windows 7

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:19:50 +0000
Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was surprised (well not that much really) to find that Windows 7 Home
> Basic is limited to running THREE applications at once!

Hmmm, define applications - explorer, user32.dll, win32.exe - if that's
all it can do, it's not going to be much use. Depending on your
definition of "applications", it takes more than 3 "applications" to
even login (it probably takes more than 3 to boot).

> I'm going to do some digging but if this is true then it's more
> ammunition against the Beast of Redmond.

The number of applications a user can run at a time is only limited by
the amount of memory (real and virtual). I don't see the point of MS
restricting things like that - it's completely machine-specific. Must
be shome mistake.

--

Neil Williams