Re: [LUG] OT: Old computer kit was [Fwd: [lugmaster] WolvesLug's day out.....]

On 29/01/2009 12:42, Paul Sutton wrote:

> I have a cd here of spectrum games and software, including a program to
> help people revise for O level geometry, and just looking at a program
> basied on operation square leg (nato program) which allows you to
> choosea uk location and it will tell you the result of a nuclear fallout
> followng a nuclear strike.  (clearly written during the cold war eh)
>
> Paul

Yeah, but some of the oldies were great.  When I finally get around to
sorting out the kids PC I'll be sticking an Amstrad CPC emulator on
their PC with a copy of Fun School.  Actually, better idea, I'll replace
the PC with an Amstrad CPC :-)

One of my old favourite games was a maths game called Number Painter on
the Beeb (IIRC by Psion software).  I'd love to see some of these old
games given a remake as an open source game but sadly I wouldn't know
where to start.  Surely though a fair few of these old educational
titles would be fairly relevant these days, for instance I see Granny's
Garden (also originally on the Beeb) has been released on Windows & Mac.

Rob