Re: [LUG] OT: Old computer kit was [Fwd: [lugmaster] WolvesLug's day out.....]

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Rob Beard wrote:

> On 29/01/2009 08:51, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Pah. I raise your Spectrum 48K with:
>>
>>     http://unicorn.drogon.net/mk14.jpg
>>
>> Not got it booting Linux yet, but ..
>>
>> Gordon
>>
> Is that the Pre ZX80 self build kit from Sinclair?

Yes, the Mk 14. (Mark 14?)

It had a weedy 8-bit processor, came with a 128 byte ROM (or was it 256
bytes, I've forgotten) and 128 bytes of RAM. I added the 2nd IO chip which
gave it another 128 bytes of RAM.

That photo was taken about 6 months ago - I'd powered it up for some other
"when I wur a lad" type of thing ;-)

More here:

   http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=961

I have an Apple ][ too, but the PSU lost it's magic black smoke a couple
of years back )-:

Gordon