Re: [LUG] real life use of SVN

2009/1/26 John Clarke <gototheant@xxxxxxxxx>
The move from vss (yuk) is giving me problems getting used to a
"whole" tree having a revision number - its a case of getting used to
the "tree" containing what I need and not the specific individual

Ow, a painful memory indeed. We tried using that a few years back for MSVC dev  and found it just doesn't work - to many holes. SVN will make you feel much happier as it doesn't have the same gaps as VSS (and even CVS). Still I'll hazzard a bet you'll soon be looking at git, hg and the like ;-)

Most repos seem to use the "tags" and  "branches" structure as described in the red-bean book for good reasons.

I recently met someone who has moved here after being let go by collab net from svn dev work. I'll introduce him to the list.