Re: [LUG] real life use of SVN

Quoting John Clarke <gototheant@xxxxxxxxx>:

> any of you working in teams with SVN?

No, sorry.

I use it to maintain code on websites.

I develop on my local machine, commit it to my server then run a
script on the appropriate webserver that checks out the latest version
and copies it to the document root.

I don't check out direct to the root because I don't want people to
have even the slightest chance of viewing the .svn directory even if
my .htaccess does protect against it...

I'm also seriously considering using SVN over RSYNC to keep my media
collection on various computers up to date.

M.