Re: [LUG] Courses in my area...

Tom Potts wrote:
> On Saturday 24 January 2009 10:48, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Grant Sewell wrote:

>>> Courses are frequently expensive.  That doesn't mean you have to do the
>>> courses to gain the qualifications.  There's nothing to stop you
>>> downloading the LPI's specs and teaching yourself - or getting a book -
>>> then taking the exam.  Likewise for the Microsoft exams - you do not
>>> *have* to attend the course.
>>>
>>> (Ofcourse, there are courses out there where you *do* have to attend in
>>> order to gain the qualifications... I don't think you can do the RHCx
>>> by self-study alone.)

>>> Yeah, I can kinda see where you're coming from here... but the
>>> courseware may not be Free (with a capital F).

On the other hand, if you have a cornered market then you can charge
what you like

take this for example in Paignton centre I can buy 2 bottles of coke for
£1.50,  down at quay west area of goodrington there is a shop there
right by the beach charging 1.25 for 1 bottle of coke

It's a case of take it or leave it I guess,

Paul