Re: [LUG] Courses in my area...

Stephanie Foster wrote:
> It really depends where you want to head for, IT is such a diverse field
>
> Do you want a taught course or a self study course ?
>
> If you're into networking then perhaps the Cisco certified entry level
> technician CCENT which leads onto the CCNA qualification
>

> If you're interested in Microsh!t  (ugh) then perhaps the MC Desktop
> Support Technician for tech support type people
>
> or the MC Server Administrator for server admin type of peeps
>

> CompTIA do a range of courses;
>
> The A+ which is very much all background on hardware for PCs
>
> The Net+ which is towards networking
>
> They even do a Linux+
>
> There is a Linux course from the Linux Prosfessional Institute
> http://www.lpi.org/
>
> There are also more distro oriented courses like Ubuntu certified
> Professional or the Red Hat courses
>
> Can I ask which organisation is offering the training & support ?
>
> Steph

I do wish there was a simple course for OAPs like me who are struggling
to use Linux in more
than the most basic form. I tend only to use Kubuntu to access Barclays
online and web browse
but would like to be able to understand and use the filing system and
access usb keys and SD cards.
The various books I have all lose me after a short spell with all the
abbreviations and acronyms.
I am so used to drives a, b,c,d,e,f etc and have difficulty coming to
grips with the Linux filing
system. That is what 25 years use of Windows does for one ;-)

John (Bude area)