Re: [LUG] netbooks blamed for microsoft losing money

> I was looking at netbooks on Ebuyer and found the HP Compaq 2133 here
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/search?store=5&cat=10&subcat=2619
>
> It gets great reviews but a lot of them say "This is a great netbook when you
> ditch the crappy Linux and install XP."  Mostly it seems that the wireless
> networking and inbuilt webcam don't work, a pretty familiar story which I
> won't try to solve here.

That 'crappy linux' is SLED 10 according to the specs!! - if they are
calling that crappy I'd hate to see what they think of a few other distro's
> Also, reading between the lines, none of these people are going out and buying
> a new XP package, they're installing one they have lying around from years of
> Microsoft based computers. This for sure is not helping Microsoft sales
> figures.
>
> George
>
> PS I quite fancy this HP 2133

I think it's a good spec for the money so much so that I bought one for
our IT mad seven year old.. and SLED is staying on it!

Dave