Re: [LUG] netbooks blamed for microsoft losing money

On Friday 23 January 2009, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Found this while browsing
>
> http://www.liliputing.com/2009/01/netbooks-partially-to-blame-for-microsoft
>-layoffs.html
>
> Reading some of the comments,  you can related to many things people are
> saying,
>
> Paul
>

> --
> Paul Sutton
> www.zleap.net
> Support Open and ISO standard file formats ISO 26300 odf
> http://www.odfalliance.org
> Next Linux User Group meet : Feb 7th : 3pm (TBC),  Shoreline Cafe Paignton

I was looking at netbooks on Ebuyer and found the HP Compaq 2133 here

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?store=5&cat=10&subcat=2619

It gets great reviews but a lot of them say "This is a great netbook when you
ditch the crappy Linux and install XP."  Mostly it seems that the wireless
networking and inbuilt webcam don't work, a pretty familiar story which I
won't try to solve here.

Also, reading between the lines, none of these people are going out and buying
a new XP package, they're installing one they have lying around from years of
Microsoft based computers. This for sure is not helping Microsoft sales
figures.

George

PS I quite fancy this HP 2133