Re: [LUG] Sheffield hospitals infected by Conficker Worm

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 01:49:34PM -0000, Neil Stone wrote:

> "Don't you just hate it when your boss is so computer illiterate yet has
> the power to veto the simplest of ideas to catastrophic end," said one,
> who asked to remain anonymous.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/20/sheffield_conficker/
>
> I was having a laugh at the truth in that statement...

I thought the sadder laugh is at the following line

' The trust argued that the consequences of its decision making had not cost public
money, "just   time and effort by the IT teams".'

If wasted time and effort is not wasted money ........

'Until late December, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Trust had a policy in place that
would apply security updates across its network a few weeks after the patch release,
and enforce a reboot.'

ie unpatched system left vulnerable for several weeks

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.