Re: [LUG] Sheffield hospitals infected by Conficker Worm

On Tuesday 20 January 2009 14:05, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> 'Until late December, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Trust had a policy in
> place that would apply security updates across its network a few weeks
> after the patch release, and enforce a reboot.'
Its a while since I had the missfortune to manage windoze boxes but then all
updates came from ms - there wasn't a usable way of having a local update
server. There was WSUS but it meant another machine doing nothing apart from
costing server licenses and not doing its job.  Has that been improved or is
it still a cash cow SPOF?
Tom te tom te tom