Re: [LUG] stats on Linux market share

Tom Potts wrote:
> On Friday 16 January 2009 20:30, Simon Waters wrote:
>
>> Neil Williams wrote:
>>
>>> 7. Basing figures on any one piece of software excludes massive numbers
>>> of other installations that use different software - not even the
>>> kernel can be used or you'll exclude most BSD people and those still
>>> warrant consideration in the "free software" economy. It's a mistake to
>>> look for figures on the "Linux market share".
>>>
>> As someone said already "share of what"
>>
> or 100% of EU convictions for illegal practices
> Tom te tom te tom

Yes i saw that on ceefax today,

I think we should be careful what stats we quote,  but if we mention at
talks things like virus infections, it works in our favour,  at the end
of the day we need to keep MS bashing to a minimum and the benefits of
OSS / Linux higher, otherwise we look like MS Bashers.

This is harder when you consider Windows is constantly being infected
with viruses,  and the EU are losing patience with their Non compliance
with EU Law.

I found another report too on another issue

Paul

--
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net