[LUG] stats on Linux market share

Looking at the article a while back on the OU being challenged to use
OSS,  It stated somewhere in that that Linux only has a 1% market share,

this to me seems rather low,  I just wondered if anyone had any real
upto date stats we can use when promoting OSS,  as it really helps when
people try to say no one uses it, or similar to quote real stats on usage.

Given the downloads for openoffice for all operating systems,  there has
to be similar usage stats for other stuff, too,  it just helps, and
would be useful if we get a venue to do presentations etc.   ie. explain
OPen source / free software then give people some stats on usage.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net