Re: [LUG] stats on Linux market share

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 16:37 +0000, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Try suggesting adult education tutors they do Linux courses or courses
> in say open office, you end up getting told that there is no demand, or
> they are not interested
My lot said they'd consult the Council IT department - I heard no more
after that - not even a brush off - I had even filled out the forms - my
pedigree as an Adult Educationteacher is impeccable so it had to be the
IT dept being unwilling to support Linux on their computers. I suppose
now that we can virtualise easily, it might be easier to put an argument
that we would not disturb their precious Windows.
James
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk