Re: [LUG] more mpc merriment...

Tom Potts wrote:
> On Monday 12 January 2009 11:04, Simon Waters wrote:
>
> There is no CD on this and I have no USB CD!

Bootable Flash stick?

The trouble with USB sticks - I need one that keeps me organised enough
to know what is on the stick - with CD's you could just scrawl on the top.

>> Does sound like the utility you used was buggy, or not appropriate in
>> some way.

> Standard gui method as far as I know!

As far as I know to - so probably buggy.

>> Wonder if it had the good sense to back up the passwd and
>> shadow files?

> I was configuring usernames as part of setting it up to so I could do backups
> etc!

Ah that explains it, that is just a variant of murphy's law. Computers
always goes wrong when you try and reconfigure them to do a backup.